Michael and Peter discusses why hiring a licensed contractor will save you money in the long term.
- In California, check the Contractors License Board on you contractor. http://www.cslb.ca.gov/
- Ask for latest proof insurance and coverage.
- Ask your contractor to additional insure your property. This cost nothing to you.
Be Aware :
- Lapse in licensing of contractor usually indicates the contractor is a poor business person.
- Showing you a license means he is also not licensed.
- Check references. Always. Yelp. Angies List. They are not perfect. The other option is ask an expert like to interview them.
0:00 see but I think you know one other thing that’s important is if you are looking
0:04 for a landscape contractor in general I think you know being licensed bonded and
0:09 insured is really important and and that’s usually obvious to most people
0:14 who have done a project before the homeowner wants to liability or should
0:18 want to take that risk
0:20 you know somebody’s moving something as basic as dirt with their angle and there
0:24 it cash employee and you don’t want to be in that situation it’s not that
0:28 expensive the contractor should carry those things
0:31 yeah and then I think that they should also you know look