In this video, we discuss the importance of incorporating the natural beauty of the lot into the home. We’ve created a warm mood through the use of natural tones on the walls, the floors and the tiles, in addition to the proper placement of the windows and lights. In your home, the right floor plan and meticulous interior design will influence your mood and family life. Our goal is to make this influence a positive one.
Lot Size: 5000 sq. ft.
Old Home: English Cottage 2 Bedroom and 1 Bath, 900 square feet.
New Remodel Addition: Modern Scandinavian 5 Bedroom and 4 Bath, around 2200 square feet.
Key Design Elements:
- Open living space
- Lighting design
- Use of light colors
Front yard landscaping: native drought tolerant [0:00:28]
Exterior curb appeal: redwood siding [1:52]
Rain chains are used instead of gutters to soften up the front of the house [2:24]
Interior tour of the house. Key concepts. Open floor plans [3:11]
Study: Lots of recessed lights and windows to attract more light. [3:32]
Powder Room/ Hall Bath: [4:02]
Living Room: fireplace, hearth, and skylights [4:25]
Dining Room [6:00]
Mud Room and Laundry Room [6:24]
In-Law Master Suite and Bathroom Skylight [6:38]
Master Bedroom and Bath [7:49]
Going Upstairs [8:59]
Front Kids Room [9:48]
Kids Bath [10:07]
Second Kids Bedroom [10:59]
Backyard Landscape [11:26]
- Color Scheme: Beige, Off-White, Yellow and Green tones from Kelly Moore
- Skylights: Velux
- Windows: Anderson 400 Series casement
- Door Hardware: Schlage stainless steel.
- Stairs: Custom floating stairs.
- Floors: European Oak with light stain from Porcelanosa.
- Fireplace: Reclaimed wood mantle with stucco surround and Calacatta 3×12 marble hearth.
- Hall Bath: Cabinets by Decora, Samsung Diamond White Quartz, Hans Grohe Fixtures and Faucets, Kohler Vox Sink.
- Master Bathroom: Please subscribe to see when the next video is uploaded.
- Interior Bath: Please subscribe to see when the next video is uploaded.
- Kids Bath: Please subscribe to see when the next video is uploaded.
- Kitchen: Please subscribe to see when the next video is uploaded.
- Landscaping: Please subscribe to see when the next video is uploaded.